Saturday, January 31, 2009

Henriques & Henriques Madeira

I had my first experience with H & H Madeira last night. After a glass of the exquisite Pierre-Henri Ginlinger Muscat 2004 with my wife Lauren's excellent aromatic carrot soup (recipe in a post to follow) we moved on to our main course of steak alongside a Sordo Barolo 1997 that I had purchased some years ago. This turned out to be much better than the last bottle I had and well worth the €25 paid at the time.

After dinner, we moved on to the H & H 10 Year Malmsey Madeira. This proved to be an absolutely delicious drink that I had yet to experience. With my experience of Madeira being quite limited, I really looked forward to drinking this one and it did not disappoint. It was rich and full and had a lovely nutty flavour. On the finish that went on seemingly forever, I got almost a menthol feeling. When tried with 81% dark chocolate, the pairing was not good at all. With a mature crottin chavignol, it made a delicious duo.

Buy Pierre-Henri Ginglinger Muscat in Ireland

These guys carry the H & H Madeira in Ireland

2 comments:

  1. Dude, congrats on the blog. I miss some of the Wine Buff wines terribly, especially the Ginglinger Riesling, the Morin Sancerre and the Pelan Bellevue! Anyway, keep up the good work! Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, congrats on the new blog! I really do miss some of the Wine Buff wines, especially the Ginglinger Riesling, the Morin Sancerre and the Pelan Bellevue. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete